- 1 onion
- 1 green pepper
- 1 cup rice
- 4 pre-cooked sausages or 3 chicken breasts
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 can water
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp seasoning salt
1. In a skillet, cook the sausage or chicken breast in 1/4 cup water. While the meat is cooking, dice the onion, green pepper, and garlic.
2. In a large pot, put 2 cans of diced tomatoes, 1 can tomato sauce and using the same can add 1 1/2 cans of water. Heat on medium-high heat for 10 minutes. At the same time, cook 1 cup rice.
3. Add the cooked rice to the pot along with the onion, green pepper, and garlic. Once the meat is cooked, add it to the pot.
4. Add 1 tbsp seasoning salt and salt and pepper to taste.
5. Let sit at medium-low heat for 20 minutes.