Chipotle Bean Burgers and Sweet Potato Salad
- 1tsp virgin olive oil
- 3 green onions
- 1 package of crimini mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 can of mixed beans (drained)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 TBSP cumin
- 2 TBSP pumpkin seeds
- 2 TBSP of tomato paste
- 2 TBSP of fresh cilantro (or parsley), chopped
- 4 fresh mini multigrain Kaiser rolls
- 1 tomato slice
- 1 avocado slice
- 1 handful baby arugala
Chipotle-Llime Aioli Ingredients:
- Garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup Veganese Mayo
- 1/2 fresh lime juice
- Chipotle pepper
Balsamic Sweet Potato Salad Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 lbs sweet potatoes, about 2 large
- 3 TBSP balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted (optional)
- 3 TBSP chopped parsley
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta (optional)
Directions (Chipotle Bean Burgers):
- Wash and chop mushrooms.
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms. Saute until moisture is released.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl and add beans to the mushroom mixture. Mash with a potato masher.
- add rolled oats, tomato paste, pumpkin seeds, 3 green onions, cumin, and chopped cilantro.
- Mix, shape and cook on a grill or in a pan.
- Mix together all ingredients for Chipotle-Lime Aioli in a bowl.
- Garnish with tomato, avocado, arugala and aioli and serve on a fresh kaiser roll.
Directions (Sweet Potato Salad):
- Peel sweet potatoes and cut into 1 inch chunks. Place in a pot and add enough cold water to cover. Bring water to a boil, then cover and simmer gently until potatoes are just tender, 5 minutes. Do not overcook.
- Drain well, place in a bowl and toss with 1 TBSP balsamic vinegar. Once cool, stir in red onion, pecans, and parsley.
- Whisk remaining vinegar with oil, salt and cayenne. Toss with potatoes, then sprinkle with cheese and gently toss again.