Quinoa and Vegetable Stuffed Peppers
- 225 g quinoa
- 6 large red, yellow or orange bell peppers, halved, seeds removed
- 2 bag spinach
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 (650 ml) cans pasta sauce
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Additional vegetables:
- ½ onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 zucchini
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Start by cooking the quinoa in boiling water (15 minutes) and set aside.
- Slice your bell peppers in half vertically and scoop out the insides. Place the pieces into a baking pan or dish.
- Rinse your spinach and cook it on medium heat in a pan until soft. Chop and put aside in a bowl.
- Sauté garlic in 1 tablespoon oil.
- Sauté additional veggies until soft in 1 tablespoon oil. Add to the spinach bowl.
- Next, add salt, pepper, and 1 cup pasta sauce to the veggies bowl.
- Add the quinoa and mix well.
- Spoon the mixture into each of the pepper halves, make them nice and full.
- Pour the rest of the pasta sauce over all the peppers and sprinkle cheese all over the top.
- Bake for 25 minutes.